On-Site In-Home Training
Our aim is to get you comfortable with technology in a way that suits you and in your own home or small business. We can help whether you are using Windows 10, Office 365 Word and File Explorer or using an Apple Mac with Finder and Apple Pages. Maybe you want to have your computer link with your iPad or Android Tablets or even your smartphone that is so much more than a phone or just need to know how to file your documents so you can find them easily. And yes, I can also teach you all about ‘The Cloud!’. Assistance can be tailored to fit in with whatever makes you feel more comfortable, with some examples being:
- You ask me how to use skype or how to use chrome to order your groceries online and I sit with you and go through the steps with you while you make notes using your own pencil in your own hand.
- We provide you with a set of training notes that you can follow to get a better understanding of a particular program or application or show you where you can download these from.
Apart from training you to use the technology we also offer:
- Configuring and setting up a new device whether it be a printer, computer, wireless network, phone or tablet including data transfer and recycling any of the older devices.
- Wireless and ethernet connectivity and their security. With so many wireless networks around you, it is vital to keep yours safe and secure and to make sure that your firewall and passwords are secure and safe. We assume that the password printed on the modem is safe, but somebody printed it on the label and it is thus openly available to anybody who had access to that modem or modem box.
- Timely Computer maintenance and upgrade programs which will help to ensure that your technology is working smoothly and efficiently. Making sure that your operating system and the applications you use are up to date with the latest security features and bug fixes. Just like a vehicle or vacuum cleaner, a computer needs maintenance on a regular basis. Regular is determined by your usage.
- Diagnosis of any hardware or software errors and repair thereof.
- Timely data backup programs designed to lessen the risk of losing your valuable documents and pictures. Having one’s data on the cloud or local device does not mean it is safe as the hosting server can also stop working so we advise you on how to have a process of backing up those precious moments onto a secondary device.
Whether you are a mature housewife trying to use Chrome to order shopping online because your better half is playing PacMan or a home office administrator wanting to get more out of Microsoft Excel, Berrisfords IT Services can help you get up and going so you can spend more time playing Bridge or doing that wonderful filing for Mr. Boss.